We deliver training on basic work at height ,access/ rescue from a suspended height.
Those attending must be medically fit with a head for heights.
Who Should Attend
This course is aimed at those people who may be required to access flat roofs, working platforms and gantries via fixed ladders. These ladders may be open unprotected ladders, hooped ladders or ladders with vertical fall arrest systems fitted.
Course Objectives & Content
– Relevant health and safety legislation including; Health & Safety at Work Act, The Working at Height Regulations 2005
– Identification of hazards and assessment of associated risks
– Hierarchy of controls for working at height
– Personal Fall Protective Equipment – Characteristics and Limitations
– Pre-use inspection and care for PFPE
– Fitting and adjusting harnesses and associated equipment
– Identification and selection of suitable anchor points
– Single line restraint techniques
– Climbing and descending fixed ladders using twin lanyards
– Climbing and descending fixed fall arrest systems
– Planning for rescue
– Rescue equipment– Characteristics and Limitations
– Suspension Intolerance – what is it and how to deal with it
– Rescue of a casualty suspended on a ladder from fall arrest lanyards and fixed fall arrest systems using company specified rescue equipment/device
We also deliver training on basic inspection and certification of personal protective equipment against fall.